Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekend of week 4

The last few days have been really busy and by the time I get home I am exhausted, so I haven't been writing as much lately.
This past weekend:
Saturday I went to the Izmailov souvenir fair. I am apparently a good bargainer. One of my friends requested that I bring him home one of the Russian fur hats. Well I of course wanted to get him the real fur one. When I went to look at a black fox fur hat the guy asked for 5000 roubles about $160ish. I told him I could pay about a 1000 and ended up only paying 1500 roubles about $45. I thought I did pretty good. I then proceeded to buy everything cheburashka. :D We then went to the Vodka history museum and bought some Vodka...yes Russia has a museum dedicated to vodka. That evening we attempted to go out. But when I went to go get my friend she passed out asleep. So I hung out with my roommate and my insomnia got the better of me. I can't get myself to fall asleep or sleep well when I do go to sleep.
Sunday my roommate and I went to the State History Museum. That place was so cool!! The crowns from the 12th century. The amazing and really shiny swords. The intricate military uniforms. The old school carriages! It was all so amazing! It was even more fun trying to guess what some things were. Thankfully my roommate and I had enough history and Russian knowledge to figure out most things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment