Wednesday, June 6, 2012

water cold enough to become ice

I apologize for not writing the other night. I was beyond exhausted by the time I got home and had finished my homework. On Tuesday I got to go on this amazing boat tour on the Moscow River. We got to see the Peter the Great statue, the Kremlin, and so many other things. It was nice to be able to just ride the boat and not walk every where. It was a lot of fun and relaxing. After words we went to another bookstore...I need to quit going to these bookstores. I found a movie of the old Russian cartoon. It is helping me with my Russian.
Then today we just a Current Events in Russia class. It was really interesting. We discussed the Russian political system. I was excited about learning this information from an actual Russian. I feel like it is Christmas every day here. I get so excited about everything that we do. If only the Russians actually smiled here, it would make just a little bit better. Oh and if we had hot water or even warm water. That would be nice. We are hopefully getting our hot water back tomorrow. I feel like this water gets colder every time I shower. OOO exciting news: I found Toy Story 1 - 3 in Russian on DVD!!! It was only about $15 for all three movies. I was so happy! I will probably work on watching one tomorrow and trying to learn new vocab. I am okay with learning Russian while watching Toy Story, it is putting two of my favorite things together!!!
Well tomorrow we have our first test and I should study more and get some sleep too.
Side note: my aggie floor mates are back and I can definately tell they are aggies. One attempted to cook bacon/ham looking substance on top of the toaster oven and failed. For some reason he could not use a pan and the stove top to cook this.
Even the Russian dogs drink

I can't wait to translate these

Crazy rainstorm outside my dorm

I will post pics of the boat tour later. It is 2 a.m. and my roommate just went to bed. I am so not use to having to share a room.

До Завтра


No comments:

Post a Comment