So I have already discussed how the women are in Russia, now it is time to discuss the Russian men. These are interesting characters. There usually attire is: Tight jeans, a nice shirt, jewelry, loafers or dress shoes, an angry look and a murse. For those of you who don't know what a murse is it is a man purse. Now in the states a murse would be considered anything smaller then a satchel or a laptop bag. However, in Russia they go beyond that. I have even seen a few carry small little clutches. I guess the pockets in their tight jeans are too small to carry everything they need. It is interesting.
Some other interesting facts: They will give up a seat on the metro for women, but won't hold doors open. There are very few with actual meat on their bones. But a lot of Russian seem this way because of how much they walk. Oh and they are always smoking, even while they are walking.
By the way, the Kremlin was amazing!!! I was in awe when I walked into those churches. There was so much history. I literally got goose bumps while I was standing by Ivan the Terrible's tomb. It was incredible to see all of this and learn about it all. It was a good thing they left a lot of room within the walls of the Kremlin, because almost every leader has tried to build something to leave their mark. Oh it was awesome and interesting!
Well this coming evening some of us are going to a Russian pop concert...this should be an experience. I can't wait to meet more Russians and work on my Russian.
До Завтра!!!
Some other interesting facts: They will give up a seat on the metro for women, but won't hold doors open. There are very few with actual meat on their bones. But a lot of Russian seem this way because of how much they walk. Oh and they are always smoking, even while they are walking.
By the way, the Kremlin was amazing!!! I was in awe when I walked into those churches. There was so much history. I literally got goose bumps while I was standing by Ivan the Terrible's tomb. It was incredible to see all of this and learn about it all. It was a good thing they left a lot of room within the walls of the Kremlin, because almost every leader has tried to build something to leave their mark. Oh it was awesome and interesting!
Well this coming evening some of us are going to a Russian pop concert...this should be an experience. I can't wait to meet more Russians and work on my Russian.
До Завтра!!!
Hey, I thought Tom Cruise blew up the Kremlin in his last movie...now THAT would give me goose bumps. There is something wrong with a modern country that can not provide daily hot showers. I do wish more Americans had your love of history.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I believe I was one of the few who was listening to the tour guide. This place is like a history nerds' jackpot. I feel that is some ways this country is still stuck in the 80s and 90s.
ReplyDelete