So at midnight I jumped out of bed ready to prepare for some attack to hit the campus, because I was rudely awoken by fireworks that were set off right in front of my dorm complex. Because of last summer's experience for some reason I thought we were being attacked. I have realized that Russians just like to have fun whenever.
Well when the day actually started I got to go to my first class for the summer. It was 3 hours long. I learned so much in those 3 hours. I don't why, but a light bulb just went off in my head. The class was basically taught in pure Russian. The teacher maybe said 10 words in English the whole 3 hours. I loved it! Oh by the way, I got placed in the second highest level class. I was pretty happy about that.
After class we could go do whatever we wanted. So, of course we did what every person our age would do...we went to the mall. Which was very pretty in some parts, but also really expensive. But this of course was still an experience because we are learning how to speak to Russians when we encounter them. We are really good at asking where the bathroom is and how much things cost. But our most interesting encounter with Russians today was when two of the people got stopped because there bag set off the alarm when they left the grocery store. The guard went through all of the stuff they bought and made sure it was on their receipt. Then they searched the students' backpacks and came to realize that it was one of the books from school. While all of this was happening myself and the older hispanic woman who had joined our group were standing outside the door watching. Then I realized that our friends, one is asian, and the other fillipino, were probably having some issues with the guards. So I tried to go help them, we thankfully got it all figured out.
Last night at midnight they shut off the hot water until 7 June. I attempted to shower this morning, but I found that Russian water seems so much colder then water back home when the water heater isn't working. It was soooo cold. I don't know how we are going to survive taking showers in freezing cold water. At least the Aggies left for a week, it is now a little quieter around here :D.
Well it is 1 am here and I need to get some sleep before class tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to tell you about the various colored toilet paper they have here...very interesting.
до завтра!
No comments:
Post a Comment