Sunday, May 27, 2012

Arrival Day


So I have been in Russia for less then 5 hours and it already seems like so much is going on.
At the customs check the lady was trying to speak to me in Russian. I caught bits and pieces thankfully and didn't get myself into any trouble. We then met with our program director. He seemed like a really nice guy, very helpful.
The drive to the dorms was crazy. I definitely want to live in Russia, but I never want to drive in Russia. People were not even driving in the lanes, some started off-roading. It was insane. I then attempted to read all of the road signs (there were a lot of ads) I would finally Understand one sign by the time we passed five others.The director then asked if I could at least read this giant sign as we entered the city. It said Moscow ( in Russian) I understood that sign for sure. :)

OOO for those of you who know me really well you will be happy to hear that I put all of my clothes away neatly. Now to see how long that lasts. I am sharing a room with an Aggie...this shall be interesting. However, all of the Aggies are going through another program so they will be leaving in a few days to go to St. Petersburg.

So sleepy, the jet lag is going to be a pain. Nap time before we go to the store to get some food.
I will keep you all updated on how everything is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment